Al Sayyah & Sons Investment pledges 250,000 meals to the ’10 million meals’ campaign
- The Dh2 million donation supports the UAE’s biggest food distribution drive amid coronavirus outbreak
- Al Sayyah & Sons Investment pledges 250,000 meals to the ’10 million meals’ campaign
- Financial and in-kind donations are received through website, SMS, bank transfer and call center
Al Sayyagh & Sons Investment announced the donation of 250,000 meals, worth Dh2 million, to the UAE’s biggest food distribution drive that aims to support communities affected by the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic in the UAE.
The ’10 million meals’ campaign, launched on Sunday, enables individuals and institutions to make financial and in-kind donations towards providing meals and food parcels to low-income individuals and families across the country throughout the holy month of Ramadan.
Marwan Al Sayyah, Executive Vice Chairman at Al Sayyah & Sons Investment, said, “The ’10 million meals’ campaign reflect the UAE’s values cemented in less than half a century since its foundation to become a global model of tolerance and coexistence.” He added, “And the nation today, through the ’10 million meals’ campaign, reinforces again its leading capability to transform crises into an inspiring social solidarity movement, demonstrating a pioneering response to challenges.”
Al Sayyah stated that “besides complementing other humanitarian projects that aim to beat hunger in these exceptional circumstances, the ’10 million meals’ campaign reflects our leadership’s vision that puts people first before anything else.”
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai, announced on Sunday the launch of the ’10 million meals’ campaign to support families and individuals affected by the Covid-19 pandemic that left many facing unemployment and income reductions.
The campaign will be led by his wife Her Highness Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, Chairperson of the Board of Trustees of UAE Food Bank.
Donors in 48 hours
Within the first two days of the ’10 million meals’ campaign’s launch, more than 15,000 individuals, entrepreneurs and companies pledged online and SMS donations of 450,000 meals. Thousands of other financial and in-kind donations poured into the campaign’s other two channels of bank transfers and call center.
Four ways to donate
- Individuals and entities can make financial or in-kind donations to provide food assistance to people in need as part of the ’10 million meals’ campaign.
- Donors can purchase a preferred number of meals online at www.10millionmeals.ae to be distributed to disadvantaged individuals and families across the country. They can also donate via SMS (Etisalat and Du) to numbers listed on the website.
- Donors can make a transfer to ’10 million meals’ campaign bank account at Dubai Islamic Bank with IBAN no.:AE430240001580857000001.
- For in-kind contributions, donors have the chance to provide packaged or canned food supplies or arrange food parcels for distribution through directly contacting the campaign’s organizing team on the toll-free number 8004006.